7 deadly sins of PRPosted: December 4, 2012
1. Thinking like a journalist, but not as a marketer
PR practitioners need to understand both mindsets.
2. Hating math (my weakness)
In today’s business environment, measurement, analytics, and the ability to quantify results are essential.
3. Fearing to admit failure
We must have the confidence to admit failure, but we can never accept it.
4. Failing to measure
We must be able to quantify our work.
5. Chasing the shiny objects
At times, we will need to take big bets, but we must back the bets with research and analytics.
6. Suffering from an inferiority complex
We must educate ourselves on the other disciplines and understand the larger landscape.
7. Getting a (cheap) thrill from deadline pressure
We must plan ahead (as best we can) and align our efforts with the other disciplines.