Top 10 Reasons why being a PR Pro is one of the toughest jobs you could havePosted: December 4, 2012
Top 10 Reasons why being a PR Pro is one of the toughest jobs you could have
As I found this piece of article from PR at sunrise. The article told us the difficult of this job and you can’t get enough respect on this job. Because every time you need rob audience and resource .You can’t stop step.So PR is a really hard and challenge work., which have the majority benefit on it .
The article give the top reason why being a PR pro is one of the toughest jobs you could have.
1. Hey, we get no respect – Stealing a line from Rodney Dangerfield here. Whether it’s battling for more budget from clients or defending ourselves against the actions of unethical agencies and PR pros, we always have an uphill battle against others.
2. You’re Always On-Call – There’s no traditional work schedule. Check any PR pro’s e-mail inbox and you’ll be sure to find conversations happening at the most random of times.
3. . Nothing is harder than securing an interview, regardless of outlet – There are less media outlets and reporters than ever before.
4. Nothing is harder than securing a top-tier media interview – Even when we send well-timed, appropriate pitches, reporters are still annoyed by all of the e-mails and calls they receive.
5. New tools keep appearing – There is a constant need to stay on top of the newest resources that are available and a need to be prepared to offer counsel on them.
6. Getting the raise you want is no easy feat – The economy aside, it’s tough enough showcasing the value in the results we achieve for clients, so how do we go about doing it for ourselves during yearly reviews?
7. Time management difficulties – No matter how many clients you may have, the work has to get done.
8. Meetings, conference calls, meetings, conference calls – Every day is filled with these. How can work ever get done?
9. Demanding bosses – See above.
10. . Demanding clients – They always want more results.
As a student who doesn’t have any working experience in the study, I found this summary to be carefully choose personal job. PR is not really an easy job .If you don’t do the better ,you may face to the situation as poor as a church.